Table of Contents
Contact us and get an individual appointment below.
Facelifting in Munich
I would be very happy to individually advise you on your facial rejuvenation by means of a professional and surgically flawless procedure. Our options are manifold due to long years of experience and research and can be used variably to rejuvenate your appearance, depending on the requirements and age of our patients. In the meantime, there are a variety of treatment options that can offer you much more than just an increase in volume. A mere injection of ingredients usually only reaches the superficial layers of the skin and, if not carried out properly, can distort a facial rejuvenation result.
I hope to convince you of my many years of training and my well-founded profession, during the closer examination and the joint, intensive consultation about the different treatments. In addition to the choice of an experienced surgeon, the careful combination of volume increase (hyaluron, collagen, silicone, own fat) and facial tightening through a facelift or thread lift leads to extremely appealing results in the rejuvenation of your appearance. For a young person in their late 20s, a thread lift is usually recommended for the desired rejuvenation effect. Along with a temporal browlift, upper and lower eyelid lift. For a person who has passed their 60th birthday, the classic facelift surgery is suitable to give you a fresher, healthier and rejuvenated appearance. In addition, your skin quality can be beautified by means of a plasma lift and improvement of the skin surface can be achieved by laser or a TCA peel. You can expect a natural, younger appearance from us as we use our extensive medical experience to find the most appropriate form of treatment for you and your skin in modern facial surgery.
- How many years will a facelift rejuvenate me? By about 8-10 years.
- A natural-looking facelift? Yes, we can achieve very good results with autologous fat transplants.
- When will I see the results of the operation? After about 5 days, when the bandage is removed.
- Duration of the operation under anaesthesia: 4-5 hours.
- What is important after the operation? Sun protection of the skin, especially the scars.
What is a facelift operation and what does it entail?
A wide variety of treatments are possible with a facelift. The lifting of the forehead, the lifting of the eyebrow area with smoothing of frown lines, a temple lift, the lifting of the neck or even combinations of these.
Is this procedure right for me?
Whether you are suitable for an invasive operation of this kind is determined by your health. We will establish this in an initial consultation with you and plan the procedure accordingly.
How long does a facelift last?
A facelift lasts for different lengths of time, depending on the technical basis of the operation. A simple skin lift only lasts a few months. A very good facelift, however, (Deep, Extended, SMAS, etc.) rewinds time for something like 8-10 years. This also depends on the quality of your skin and the care and treatment you receive.
What does a facelift operation cost?
A good comparison is the question: How much does a car cost?
A simple skin lift can be had for less than €5,000, a complex, long-lasting facelift is closer to €20,000. A “Beautè complete” with all the Hollywood tricks will cost you double that.
At what age is a facelift advisable?
Individual factors – mostly genetic – vary. However, most patients are over 40 years old, the peak age in my clinic is 55. There are hardly any upper and lower limits.
How many years will a facelift rejuvenate me? How big is the difference between before and after?
Here we are talking about a good facelift as a prerequisite. Then it is certainly 8-10 years that you will look younger.
What technique is used for this operation?
What technique is used for this operation?Naturalness as a goal demands an individual solution that stands out from the conventional. It requires a lot of experience and a large repertoire of techniques. With a facelift, the skin of the face and neck is smoothed by gently tightening the underlying tissue. During the procedure, Dr Caspari relocates fat pads and muscles back to their original position.
What is the preparation phase like?
After our detailed discussion about your wishes for change and the planning of your operation, we test your state of health by means of ECG and blood values to guarantee a straightforward and seamless experience.
What kind of scars will I have?
The resulting scars should be invisible in any case. They will appear in front of and behind the ear, at the hairline of the temple and in some cases under the chin.
Is there a facelift that looks as natural as possible?
In recent years we have increasingly experienced such good results with autologous fat grafting that we always recommend autologous fat grafting for a high-profile facelift. Autologous fat grafting is a biological filler that helps to eliminate wrinkles and age-related volume loss fantastically well.
What is the procedure for a facelift?
A facelift operation takes about 4-5 hours. You will be under anaesthesia. Our anaesthetist will examine you and look after you throughout the operation. After the operation, you will wake up in one of our beautiful clinic rooms and will be looked after by our attentive and caring team.
How is the first night, the first day after the operation?
You will have a bandage on your head and stay in our clinic for one night. Here you are in safe hands and will be always cared for. The first day after your operation, you can be collected from our clinic and recover in familiar surroundings.
How long does the healing phase last?
You will see the rejuvenated contour of your face immediately after the bandage is removed; this is usually the case after about 5 days. Any swelling and haematoma will disappear no later than two weeks after the facelift. The stitches are usually removed one week after the procedure in our clinic.
What about aftercare?
During the subsequent check-ups, Dr. Caspari will explain to you how you can take care of yourself to support the healing process. Already four weeks after the procedure you can enjoy and present your regained freshness and youthfulness.
When will I be able to go outside again?
There is a post-operative “hot phase”, this is the first two weeks after your operation. This is when it is decided when you are fit to go out again. In order to do everything, you can as a patient, I recommend you follow my few important steps that I will convey post procedure.
What do I have to pay attention to after this procedure? Sun protection? Scar care? Follow-up?
The written and verbal recommendations of the clinic and the prescribed prescriptions are very important. Sun protection, especially of the scars, should be given primary attention; the scars should NOT be treated with scar therapeutics in the first weeks after the operation. Most substances in scar gels and creams have a “skin softening” effect and these “softeners” often produce wide, visible scars.
What role does smoking play?
Smoking is the biggest enemy of regular wound healing. Most complications occur in smokers. The formula is that the longer you smoke, the higher the risk of wound healing problems. Therefore, it is IMPORTANT to minimise nicotine use – before the operation and for a few weeks after the operation – towards zero. This way you give your skin a good chance for optimal wound healing.
There are many reasons to opt for facial rejuvenation with Dr. med. Peter Caspari:
- Over 25 years of experience in facelift surgery.
- Dr. Caspari has been practicing as a surgeon since 1993. After accident and general surgery followed the training in cardiac, thoracic and vascular surgery. The specialization in plastic, aesthetic and reconstructive surgery followed in 1998.
- Dr. Caspari opened his own practice clinic at Maximilianstraße 54 in Munich in 2005 and has been treating thousands of patients there ever since.
- Various national and international advanced training courses and congresses round off his outstanding skills.
- Dr. Caspari trains colleagues abroad and lets them learn and profit from his experience.
- Dr. Caspari’s special gift for gathering an outstanding team around him rounds off the portfolio of his practice clinic.
- In addition to the beautiful clinic rooms and facilities, Dr. Caspari places special emphasis on a warm and private atmosphere.
- A surgery is performed at Dr. Caspari only after a thorough consultation. Safety is the number one priority here.
- You can rely on the sound expertise of Dr. Caspari and expect an excellent result.
- After your operation, you will be lovingly cared for by the perfectly trained practice team in one of the luxurious rooms of the practice clinic.
Dr. med. Peter Caspari offers you all techniques of facelifting and much more:
- Dr. Caspari has now successfully performed hundreds of facelifts. Patients from all over the world entrust themselves to him.
- He is a master in combining different rejuvenation techniques such as thread lift, brow lift, upper and lower eyelid lift, so he can give you a natural surgical result.
- Dr. Caspari uses only the highest quality surgical materials, all operations are performed in clean room technology.
- You can look forward to an individual treatment concept.
- Your detailed consultation with Dr. Caspari guarantees you exactly the result you want.
- Before your operation you will discuss in detail with the experienced anaesthetist Dr. med. Arda Yazici; he has been looking after our clinic for over 12 years, together with his team, also pre- and post-operatively medically.
- We will be very happy to answer all your questions about financing and help you with the application process.
Extract from congresses and seminars
- Regular continuing education and congress attendance:
“Medical, professional and scientific development is important to me. We want to offer our patients the gentlest and most modern surgical methods. That’s why continuing education and exchanges at expert meetings are extremely important to me. “
- Peter Caspari, M.D., as International Speaker:
“I am very grateful for my diverse experience in the field of Plastic & Aesthetic Surgery and very much enjoy sharing my expert knowledge at national and international professional conferences. “
- member of important professional societies:
Dr. med. Peter Caspari is a long-standing member of the prestigious German Society of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (DGPRÄC), the Association of German Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (VDÄPC) as well as the renowned international societies, ISAPS and EAFPS.